LAST UPDATED: May 31, 2018
When you use these Services, you’ll share some information with us.
It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while you are using our Services.
1. Information We Collect
a. Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our Services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. When you sign-up for a Caster or Partner account, we need to collect some importation information about you, such as your name, a password, an email address, and country of residence. To complete sign-up, we need to collect some additional information that will be publicly visible on our Services, such as profile pictures, description, company name, city, state, and country of residence, type of account, and industry. When you make a purchase from us, we or our third-party payment processors may also require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information. We also may require our Partners to provide personal and bank account information in order to compensate them.
You will also provide us with any information that you send through our Services such as any advertising content in your casts. When registering a screen, Partners will provide us with any information related to being visible on our Services, including images, descriptions, screen details, and geolocation.
When you contact us for support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you provide.
b. Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about which of these Services you’ve used and how you used them.
• Usage information. We collect information about your activity through our Services. We may collect information about
• How your interact with our Services
• How Casters communicate with Partners, such as names, the time and date of your communications, and the number of messages sent to Partners
• Content information. We collect content you create on our Services such as text, image, or video casts
• Device information. We collect information from and about the devices you use including:
• Information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model and operating system version
• Information from device sensors such as gyroscopes and compasses
• Information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as signal strength
• Camera and Photos. Our Services require us to collect images, videos, and other information from your device’s camera and photos
• Location information. We may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, mobile cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes and compasses
• Log Information. We collect log information when you use our Services. The log information includes, but not limited to:
o Information about how you’ve used our Services
o Device information, such as web browser type and language
o Access times
o Pages viewed
o IP address
o Identifiers associated with cookies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
o Pages you visited before or after navigating to our Services
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, new features you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of the Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about our Services promotions, news, and events where permissible and according to local applicable laws;
Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
3. How We Share Information
CCI will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of CCI (for example, on servers co-located with hosting providers). Any personally identifiable information you choose to make publicly available by using our Services will be available to others.
We may share your information with others to provide you better Services, including:
• With our affiliates. We may share information about you with a CCI affiliate for a legitimate interest to provide the Services.
• With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
o With service providers. We may share information about you with service providers who perform Services on our behalf.
o With business partners. We may share information about you with business partners that provide Services and functionality.
o With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
• comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
• investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
• protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
• detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
o With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If CCI gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
a. Third-Party Content and Integrations
CCI is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties, different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. We strongly suggest you review such third parties’ privacy policies before providing any data to them. We are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties. Please be aware that our Services may contain links to other Services on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties. The information practices of those websites linked to our Services are not covered by this Policy. These other Services may send their own cookies or clear GIFs to users, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information. We cannot control this collection of information. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
b. Analytics and Advertising Services
c. Provided by Others
4. How We Store and Process Your Information
• Your information collected through our Services may be stored and processed in Europe, the United States, or any other country in which CCI or its subsidiaries, affiliates, or service providers maintain facilities. We may transfer information we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
5. How We Protect Your Information
CCI is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to CCI or guarantee that your information on the Services or Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter sensitive information (such as log in credentials), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Services, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We use a credit card processing company to bill you if you purchase Services. They do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
6. How Long We Keep Your Information
• We store your account information for as long as needed to provide our Services.
• We store your uploaded content for as long as needed to provide our Services.
• If you decide to stop using Controlcast, you can contact us to delete your account. If you have been inactive for a while, we may delete your account after some time, but not before contacting you first.
There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. We may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
7. Control over Your Information
You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our apps.
Revoking permissions. You can revoke any app permissions at any time by changing the settings on your device. However, certain Services may lose full functionality.
Deletion. If you decide that you want to delete your account, you can contact us at email@example.com with a deletion request. We will acknowledge your request within seventy-two (72) hours.
Data protection law gives you a range of rights in connection with our processing of your personal data. In this regard, you have the right to request that we rectify or delete the personal data or restrict the processing of your personal data if you think they are inaccurate. Furthermore, you have the right to object to the processing based on our legitimate interests as a legal basis. We are required to assess and act on your request.
If you’re based in the EU, you can always file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your Member State.
a. Users in the European Union
If you’re a user in the European Union, CCI is the controller of your personal data.
b. Bases for Using Your Information
Contract. We may use your information because you’ve entered into an agreement with us by using our Services.
Legitimate interest. We may use your information because we, or a third party, has a legitimate interest in doing so such as providing and improving our Services.
Consent. We’ll ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. You can revoke consent in our Services through your device permissions.
Legal obligation. We may be required to use your personal information to comply with the law.
CCI does not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 18. Minors are not permitted to use the Services or Services, and CCI requests that minors under the age of 18 not submit any personal information to the Services. Since information regarding minors under the age of 18 is not collected, CCI does not knowingly distribute personal information regarding minors under the age of 18.
From time to time, we may revise this Policy to reflect industry initiatives, changes in the law or technology, or changes in our practices regarding information collection and use. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” or similar legend at the top of this page. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon the posting of the revised Policy on the internet, accessible through this Services. By continuing to use this online service following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, as amended from time to time, in whole or in part, please do not continue to use our online Services.
10. Contact Us
For any queries or complaints in relation to this Policy or CCI’s privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.